Digo Bikas Institute joined the coordinated day of actions organized by the Asia Pacific Movement on Debt and Development (APMDD) with a big call for climate justice. The theme for coordinated action on January 15 was “Sound the Alarm – Climate Emergency! Act now for Climate Justice.”
Observing the health protocols of COVID-19, a virtual rally was organized. The following slogans were chanted during the online “Sound the Alarm” climate rally.
- End the age of fossil fuels! Democratic, renewable and clean energy systems for people and communities.
- People and planet before profit! Defend our rights to food, land, water, safety, services and a healthy planet.
- Ecological restoration not nature-bashing solutions.
- Equity and fair sharing of climate action! Climate finance as reparations and payment of climate debt.
- Real zero not net-zero! No to false solutions.
- No climate justice without gender justice.