Digo Bikas Institute (DBI) together with SABAL Nepal, Saptari in collaboration with Loss and Damage Youth Coalition announces the opening of application for the Loss and Damage Media Fellowship for Saptari District on Loss and Damage 2023. The Digo Bikas Media Research Fellowship program seeks to empower early career media persons who are eager to make a difference through media engagement in the field of climate induced Loss and Damage. DBI intends to build the stories and community response on loss and damage through Media Engagement at the local level.
This year, the DBI Media Research Fellowship will grant 2 fellows (Male and Female) from Saptari district to be engaged with the community within loss and damage issues under DBI’s Research and activities performed so far.
- Nepali citizen (Resident of Saptari District)
- Prior experience in local and national media content and engagements
- Capacity to be engaged with the community peoples and local as well as provincial government
The fellowship will be focused towards:
- Community engagement and identification of grounded climate-induced loss and damage stories in Saptari district
- Preparation of audio-visual media content based on the stories and community experiences
- Publication of the media contents into local and national media networks
What does DBI Research Fellowship Cover?
- A grant of 10,000/- for fellowship
- Opportunity to share the work conducted during the fellowship with stakeholders in Saptari and in Kathmandu
- A dedicated supervisor/mentor for guidance from nationally renowned media persons and supervision throughout the fellowship.
- Opportunity to present your findings at the local, National, and International platforms
- Travel and logistic support will be provided if required for the research.
The fellows after selection will be engaged from July to August 2023
The deadline for applications is 14th July 2023, 5:00 p.m.. Please please submit your updated CV together with a Cover letter mentioning your past media works and achievements so far. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Digo Bikas Media Research Fellowship 2023-Saptari
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and final selections will be made based on a competitive evaluation process.