Accounts and Finance Executive
Digo Bikas Institute (DBI) is seeking an experienced part-time (28-35 hours per month) accounting and finance associate. The accounts and finance executive will be responsible for daily bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivables, payroll, assistance with end-of-month close, donor reporting, audit preparation, and other related duties as assigned. The associate will work closely with and report to the Programme Director.
- Assist in preparation of budgets;
- General accounting tasks, including managing records and receipts, preparing and processing invoices, reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations;
- Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools;
- Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations and make necessary changes;
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers;
- Prepare payments, bank transfers and do the bank transactions
- Meet government tax compliance including TDS, VAT and other regular accounting and financial requirement.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and other financial documents for the management of the DBI in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures;
- Prepare financial reports for donor(s) as required;
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to the Direct Supervisor as per prescribed deadlines;
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely;
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables;
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues;
- Lead in designing, implementing, and maintaining audit-compliant internal financial controls;
- Prepare and coordinate financial audit;
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations;
- Update the executive committee on financial status of the organisation;
- Protect DBI’s assets through maintenance of asset register, internal control and audit procedures;
- Prepare staff payroll administrations, including fringe benefit computations;
- Assist in sub-grants management
- Ensure proper and complete documentation and filing for easy retrieval of all accounting related documents;
- Identify and provide feedback and suggestions to management related to improvements to the DBI’s policies, procedures, processes and financial systems and related programs;
- Support DBI’s procurement of goods and services in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures, obtain written requests for quotations, tracking items ordered, and maintain inventory control and contract tracking system; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
- Education and Experience
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in managing non-profit and or private funds
- Knowledge of government and donor agency regulations and requirements
- Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain the full set of accounts
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Financial Software
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team work skills.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English
Please send your application letter indicating the applied position Accounts and Finance Executive, curriculum vitae, expected remuneration/monthly lump sum, no later than 11th April 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be notified.