Digo Bikas institute in partnership with Gham Power Nepal Pvt. Ltd and logistics support from Helambu Education and Livelihood Project (HELP) installed solar system in 10 earthquake affected schools of Sindhupalchowk district. The solar systems will benefit over 1500 students. The installed Solar system is being used to run computer and provide lighting facilities to hostels and staff quarters.
One of students of Shree Pema Choling Lower Secondary School said; “Solar is very helpful for us to study in night, earlier we had been facing difficulty to study in hostel at the night”. A teacher from Shree Deurali Primary School, Tartong said that there was no power supply in the school after earthquake and could not run computer for official purposes. After the installation of the system it has been easier to run daily official work related to preparing lesson plans and other administrative work, he added.
The Solar Systems were installed in those schools as part of Digo Bikas Institute’s ‘Building Back Better Nepal with Solar Power’ initiative.
The list of schools with number of students is provided below:
- Shree Risankhumanee Primary School, Kiul – 1, Dudeni. 100 Students.
- Shree Pema Choling Lower Secondary School, Helambu -6, Nakote. 123 Students.
- Shree Sarkathali Primary School, Helambu 7, Sarkathali. 75 Students
- Shree Deurali Primary School, Helambu – 1, Tartong. 80 Students
- Shree Kakani Primary School, Helambu -9, Kakani. 20 Students.
- Shree Panchakanya Primary School, Melamchi 15, Chamkhu. 122 Students.
- Shree Kyaulethana Primary School, Melamchi -14, Gufa. 143 Students.
- Shree Golma Devi Secondary School, Timbu. 200 Students.
- Shree Satkanya Secondary School, Jyamire. 300 Students.
- Shree Mahendra Higher Secondary School, Ichok. 340 Students.